Anthony is a supporting character in the Candy Series comics. He is a Year 6 student and the son of the school's discipline teacher and hygiene teacher, Mrs. Lawson. Anthony shares close ties with Alexandra and always prepares food for her everyday at school.
Anthony's history is currently unknown.
Anthony is a slim pre-teen boy with spiky black hair with spiky bangs parted to the right side of his forehead and blue eyes (brown and gold in book covers respectively). He is tall (around the same height as Richard) and just like the other characters, changes his clothes consistently.
He is considered to be quite attractive, as several female characters in the series had commented on his appearance.
As the school's hygiene monitor, Anthony's duty is to make sure the students are clean, neat and tidy, thus he is strict and does not hesitate to report students for having improper hygiene. (He is also seen enforcing a 'dress code' for students with outrageous outfits or hairstyles.) Besides this, he is naturally stoic and calm, and does not lose his temper easily, nor does he smile often. His (rare) smiles mostly occur around Alex.
Despite his serious face, he is inwardly very kind and concerned about others (notably Alex), as he prepares food for Alex every day so that she does not have to buy food from the canteen (as her family is not very well-off) and protects Alex from harm. He also shows embarrassment at the end of Boys & Girls Rule! when he admits the reason why he avoided Alex for much of the book (which was also the reason he became so angry when Alex was splashed with water). It is noted that when Alex is in trouble, he tends to lose his cool much more easily.
Candy Careers Card Game 1.0 and 2.0
Anthony, along with many other characters, are depicted and designed in several cards as performing different types of occupations. He is depicted as:
- Male Nurse
- Spacecraft Pilot
- Airline Pilot
Anthony, along with all characters are featured in the spin-off Candy Cuties series. Anthony appears in:
- Candy Cuties Vol.7
- Candy Cuties Vol.8
- Candy Cuties Vol.10
- Anthony's (and Andrew's) surname is 'Lawson' as it is used to address his mother.
- As of the English version of Book 18, when Joshua vowed to challenge Anthony, he addressed him as his surname.
- In the official Candy Series characters' stats, several information of Anthony are revealed.
- Anthony's blood type is A.
- Anthony's favorite things are tidiness, basketball and cleaning.
- Anthony was ranked seventh in the 2014 Candy Series characters popularity poll.
- In the book covers, Anthony's hair is depicted as brown while his natural hair color is black in the comics.
- Anthony is right-handed, as mentioned by Corey when he sprained his wrist during the events of Fruits of Friendship: Nutrition.
- According to the official 2018 Candy Series Fanbook:
- Anthony's birthday is on May 28, hence making him a Gemini.
- Positive traits of Anthony include his righteousness, seriousness, good behavior and sense of justice.
- Negative traits of Anthony include his strictness and awkwardness when interacting with girls.
- Anthony's favorite food is anything with egg and rice while he does not have any least favorite food.
- Anthony's most proficient subjects are English, Science and PE while his least proficient subject is fine arts.
- Anthony's personal stats are:
- ↑ []
- ↑ Anthony's birthdate in Fanbook's Character Stats, see Trivia
- ↑ Anthony's favorite food in Fanbook's Character Stats, see Trivia