Discussions Moderators are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having social discussions.
Currently, we are looking for only 2 Discussions Moderators. If you wish to become a moderator, or wish to nominate someone else, please apply .
Yahiko Ryukai (Talk)
Since: October 27, 2016
Since: May 15, 2016
These are the responsibilities of a discussions moderator:
- Must regularly visit blogs and the forum.
- Must moderate disputes in blogs and the forum.
- Must assists users with wiki-related issues in blogs and the forum.
- Must make sure users are aware of the local policies.
- Must take screenshot of the comment and/or post of the user before requesting a block from the administrator and place it in the archive.
These are the rights or powers of a discussions moderator:
- Remove and restore replies.
- Close, reopen, remove and restore threads.
- Manage forum boards.
- Move threads between boards.
- Highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Delete blog comments.
These are the qualifications for a discussions moderator:
- Must be an active user of the wiki.
- Must be an active user in blogs and in the forums.
- Must be a trusted user of the wiki.
- Must have good conduct in the wiki.
- Must have good judgement in the wiki.
- Must not show any favoritism.
- Must have no history of serious blocks.
- Must enforce the local blog policy and forum policy.
Moderators should remain active to assist in blogs and in the forums but if there are circumstances, outside of wiki, that requires for a moderator to be temporarily inactive, there are some steps that are needed to be done.
Step 1: Alert the administrators and the wiki community of your absence.
Step 2: Mark on your profile and the forum moderator page of your temporary inactivity.
Prolong inactivity of 30 days or more will result in the removal of the moderator's user rights even if there is a valid reason.
These are the conditions for removal of user rights of forum moderators:
- Inactive for 30 days or more.
- Repeated abuse of moderator powers.
Becoming a Moderator
In general, the wiki should not have too many discussions moderators. However, if the wiki requires one, a user can become a discussions moderator by applying in the page or have another user nominate in their behalf.