|Alias(es)||Spoilt Princess (Book 23 cover)|
|Title(s)||Princess of Sacred Hearts Primary School (alongside Emilia, Zara and Qistina)|
|• Professional Status•|
|Affiliation||Sacred Hearts Primary School|
|Previous Affiliation||Red Roses (Pop band; alongside Zara and Qistina)|
|• Personal Status•|
|Relative(s)|| Mrs. Kwek (mother)|
Lily (older cousin)
Mr. Kwek (father; mentioned)
Unnamed uncle (mentioned)
|Love Interest(s)|| Richard (crush)|
Mr. Christopher Robinson (ex-crush)
|Allies||Zara, Qistina, Candy JEM (situational allies), Richard (former enemy turned ally and crush)|
|Enemies||Sofia's Bullies, Charles, Candy JEM, Corey (situational enemies), Richard (former enemy turned ally and crush)|
|Like(s)||Branded Products, Guys Generation, boasting, shopping, dress-up, French cuisine|
|Dislike(s)||The less wealthy (formerly), Candy JEM (specifically Mia) being better than her (formerly), Richard scolding her, rats, street hawker food|
|Alignment||Bad, later neutral|
|Goal(s)|| To be better than Mia (formerly)|
To become a singer in the future
|Comics||Reaching For The Stars: Friendship|
"I'm just doing what I think is right! Not everyone is cheerful by nature. Rather than hiding my true self and flattering others, I'd rather be myself! As long as they stand tall to face life, even villains can become the star of the story as some point!"
Sofia is the former main antagonist and now, one of the supporting characters of Candy Series. She made her debut in Reaching for the Stars: Friendship as the opposing character to Candy JEM. Sofia is described as one of the four 'princesses' of Sacred Hearts Primary School alongside Emilia, Qistina and Zara.
In Sofia's early years, she was a tragically misguided person who only acts the way she does because of her influence from Lily, who she was once very attached to. In keeping her in line with their tight standards on what being a member of the family entails and also with Pavlovian behavioral conditioning, possibly even combined with mental abuse of some sort. Sofia strongly believes that she should distant herself between her and the less wealthy due to bad influence from her cousin.
Sometime after getting into Sacred Hearts Primary School, Sofia became popular in school for her family's wealth and social stature. Hence getting a reputation as one of the school's "princesses". Since then, Sofia became close friends with Emilia, Zara and Qistina who are of equal wealth as her.
Reaching for the Stars: Friendship
Healthy Pretty Girls: Diet
Everybody's Favorite Friend: Amity
Sparkle and Shine: Hygiene
Style with Substance: Savvy
Caught in the Net: Technology
Hamlet's Keeper: Responsibility
Happy Holidays!: Travel
Girls on Guard: Self-Defense
Top of the Class: Academics
Seasons of Blossom: Growing Up
My Little Secret: Privacy
Yes, You Can!: Optimism
Little Ladies: Courtesy
Keeping You Waiting: Time Management
Dreams Take Flight: Ambition
Boys & Girls Rule!: Growing Up
Kitchen Capers: Cooking
Tiny Terrors: Manners
Sofia was mentioned by Joni during the aftermath of Candy JEM getting bullied by Sera and Nora, describing her not as bad as Sera.
A Class Effort: Leadership
On Our Own: Self-Reliance
Rules of Popularity: Reputation
More Than Friends: Feelings
Brotherly Bother: Responsibility
Fruits of Friendship: Nutrition
Athletic Ace: Sports
The Hero's Quest: Self-Improvement
Facing Our Fears: Superstitions
Spick & Span: Cleanliness
Stress-Busters: Stress Management
Be True, Be You: Interests
Saving A Spendthrift: Money Management
Trainee Trouble: Perseverance
Sofia bears a striking resemblance to her mother. She has cerise eyes and has shoulder-length magenta hair with fringe that covers her forehead and part of her eyebrows. She is tall (bearing a height of 146cm) and has a slender figure. Sofia was also known to have hairy legs, as said by Joni when she was compared with Mia in Little Ladies: Courtesy.
Along with most other characters, she consistently change her clothing occasionally. According to most of her schoolmates, especially Richard, the clothes that she wears are outrageous, but her sense of clothes soon improved after some time and started to wear more modest clothing.
Sofia is a narcissist; vain, spoilt, bratty and arrogant person. She is considerably short-tempered and even the slightest provocation could trigger her anger. Hence to a point of physically abusing people, noticeably Zara and Qistina; Sofia threw her self-made pencil holder of hers to her two friends when they insisted on befriending Candy JEM, and pulling their hair when they do not agree with her opinion. Sofia lorded her wealth that her family has and tend to disdainfully treat the less wealthy and/or those that she dislike. Lily spoiled the latter and even encouraged and supported her behaviour, which have greatly affected Sofia's psyche, to the point of valuing what her cousin drived into her, noticeably attention, money and pride.
She also bears a rather flamboyant and egoistical nature (a perfect contrast to Mia's composed, shy and well-collected demeanor). As Sofia always wanted all the attention to herself from people at times.
As time went on, Sofia's arrogance and spoilt nature had subsided (though she still showed them at times) and she became more apologetic to her previous actions –most noticeably towards Zara and Qistina– and tried to make up for them. Sofia showed a more light-hearted and serene side of her, displaying altruistic traits when her classmates tried to dissuade otherwise. She also has a slight or even complete change of heart towards everyone such as Richard and Joni, as she genuinely cared for them despite not really showing it.
Sofia on several occasions displayed intelligence in several aspects of life. The most noticeable is when she got between 11th to 20th place in her class, hence showing her to be rather academically inclined. Sofia occasionally showcased her knowledge and quick thinking, noted when she knew a way to treat motion sickness as she applied it on Joni during their flight to Langkawi, and when she gave advice to Joni on how to cure her Hay Fever.
Sofia displayed her talent in singing ever since her debut, when she sang alongside Zara and Qistina and left the audiences (the classmates) cheered in awe. Sofia seemed to showcase pride in her ability and even grew ambitious, as she, without a hint of pessimism, revealed her dream occupation is to become a singer.
Sofia also expressed knowledge and interest in music, as she was known to acknowledge Mikael's songs and remembering the lyrics and meanings by heart. Sofia even impressed Mikael to a degree of letting him making the decision to replace Joni with her.
Candy Careers Card Game 1.0 and 2.0
Sofia, along with many other characters, are depicted and designed in several cards as performing different types of occupations. She is depicted as:
- Latin Dancer
Sofia along with all the other chacters of Candy Series are featured in the Spin-off Candy Cuties Series. Sofia appears in all the current volumes except volume 7 and 9.
In the official 2018 fanbook, Sofia was interviewed on several questions:
- In Dreams Take Flight: Ambition, it was revealed that Sofia's ambition is to become a singer.
- "Sofia" means wisdom in Greek, which is ironic as pre-character development Sofia is the exact opposite of a wise person.
- In the official Candy Series characters' stats, several information of Sofia are revealed:
- Sofia's blood type is O.
- Sofia's favorite things are branded products and Guys Generation.
- Sofia's hobbies are boasting, dressing up and shopping.
- As of Spick & Span: Cleanliness, it was revealed that Sofia suffered from Allergic rhintis, also known as Hay Fever.
- Sofia was ranked tenth in the 2014 Candy Series characters popularity poll.
- In Book 13, it was revealed that Sofia is scared of rats.
- According to the official 2018 Candy Series Fanbook:
- Sofia's birthday is on April 12, hence making her an Aries.
- Positive traits of Sofia include her occasional kindness, her caring nature towards her friends and her directness when speaking.
- Negative traits of Sofia include her stubbornness, bluntness and impoliteness.
- Sofia's favorite food is French cuisine while her least favorite food is street hawker food.
- Sofia's most proficient subjects are English and Music while her least proficient subjects are history and geography.
- Sofia's personal stats are:
- ↑ Sofia's blood type in Character Information, see trivia
- ↑ Sofia's birthdate in Fanbook's Character Stats, see Trivia
- ↑ Sofia's hobbies in Character Information and 2018 fanbook, see Trivia
- ↑ Sofia's favorite food in Fanbook's Character Stats, see Trivia
- ↑ Sofia's least favorite food in Fanbook's Character Stats, see Trivia
- ↑ Dreams Take Flight: Ambition, page 48
- ↑ Season of Blossoms: Growing Up, page 37
- ↑ Little Ladies: Courtesy, page
- ↑ Spick & Span: Cleanliness, page 123-124
- ↑ Top of the Class: Academics, page
- ↑ Dreams Take Flight: Ambition, page 48